Maria enters Liz in a contest and it is the actual worst. Kyle gets Max drunk!? Maria sings in Alex’s band. And where in the Hell are all of the parents?! That’s right! We are back and we are talking Season 1 Episode 14, Blind Date!
Sources & Notes
- I hypothesized that The Whits’ original singer might have been on Star Search as a child. Lots of famous people were!
- Joshua Farrell a.k.a. Hutchinson was in this episode, as well as one episode of Angel.
- Aliza mentioned Stefan Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries and his impressive running skills. I mentioned Buffy’s jumping skills from Buffy the Vampire Slayer as showcased in the first season episode “The Harvest.”
- We all think the saying “no flies on you” is pretty weird; according to Dictionary.com, it means “there is nothing slow or dull about one” and alludes to flies settling on slow animals.
- I mentioned Reel Big Fish’s song “Sell Out;” here’s the music video.
- If you want to get a sense of the differences between Celine Dion and Alanis Morisette, you can click on those links for top 10 lists that someone put together (not me; it’s not my fault if your favorite song isn’t on there).
- As I mentioned, the University of New Mexico does indeed have an Archaeology department, but it’s not among the top-ranked programs in the country/world.
- If you want to learn more about the Phil Collins song “In the Air Tonight,” covered by Majandra Delfino as Maria in this episode, here’s the New York Times article with that wacky quote I read on the episode.